Version Française

Version Française
Cliquez sur le drapeau!

Tuesday 10 May 2011

"Ouestfolde" breton LotR tourney: D-4

So, with just 4 days to go before the LotR tourney near Rennes, Brittany, I realised that I miscalculated my list. Having dropped 6 archers from the roster, I then didn't use all the points I'd freed up. The consequence is that I'd got 3 plastic-grey models among a virtually finished company.

Here's the list I've (pretty much) decided to run with:
Théoden, King; heavy armour, shield_ 75pts
Captain; heavy armour, shield_ 55pts
1 Banner_ 31pts
9 Royal Guards_ 90pts
3 Warriors; shields_ 21pts
16 Warriors; javelins, shields_ 144pts
6 Riders; 3 javelins_ 84pts

---------TOTAL: 500pts on the nose!---------

As you can see from this photo, I've got a fair amount of mending to do; my two banes are javelin hands breaking and horses legs snapping... not exactly ideal when your army is a javelin-armed cavalry-supported force. This afternoon, I'm planning on doing all the repair work, and hopefully undercoating the 3 extra javelin warriors. I'll give all my horses some Green Stuff to prevent further breaking. Carry case my ar...

My command group: Théoden and the captain will each lead a prong of the attack. As decorum dictates, the banner sticks close to the King and the three warriors stick close to the banner, to avoid any nasty accidents. Behind these two wedges, my cavalry will wait for the right moment to strike at any juicy exposed flanks, careless heroes or downright stupid standard-bearers who don't know how to do there job.

So much for the plan, any way. No real surprise for my usual opponents. And if any of the others aren't aware of the basic tactics, then it'll serve them right for not reading my blog!

Joe the Barbarian

No comments:

Post a Comment