Version Française

Version Française
Cliquez sur le drapeau!

Monday 2 May 2011

A Harad day's night

He who sews little will reap little, and it is in good rich earth that I sew the seed of this army. My esteemed master, and Nemesis, the Frog, has done me the great honour of condescending to aquiescing to my painting a company for him to more rightously thrash me across the table. I'm starting with a test figurine for a Harad force. My one instruction:" do whatever you like."

In order to have a change from more conventional LotR Harad colour schemes, I decided, with the approval of my collaborator (frog... collaborator... haha... Ahem.), to opt for more Arab colours, if you'll pardon the vulgarisation. i.e. Pastel green, turquoise and... orange. My benefactor was somewhat sceptical about this latter tone. I pointed out that orange is the perfect complimentary colour to turquoise and yellow-green. I hope that this model will convince him of my genious. In this first test, as rank increases, so does the proportion of black. On common soldiers, the turban and belt are black. On captains, the cape would be black, and so on until having an entirely black and gold Suladân. I decided to forego silver, usng bronze for all metal part.

So much for the first test. Let's see what the second's like.


BarbarianJ

No comments:

Post a Comment