Version Française

Version Française
Cliquez sur le drapeau!

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Tank you very much!

Well, it took some time, but I'm back on the blog with 2 Marder IIIMs, a birthday present from my brother, to join my first German Grenadieren platoon for F.o.W.! I need to re-do the camouflage, as I've since noticed that the actual base colour for summer cammo on Gerry vehicles had a slight green tint, so some Vallejo Middlestone or some such like will be required. I'm taking the opportunity to finally decide on whether to go for Summer or Winter as a theme. The 26.V-G saw its most famous actions at Bastogne, so Winter, and on the Eastern front during the summer... so like a Western Winter.
As it is, the cammo needs some more work anyway, as the base colour should be a lot less visible, with more dominant green and brown strips of paint.
I am rather pleased with the mud effect, though. This was acheived by applying all-purpose D.I.Y. filler, which I then painted in the same colours as the infantry stands, before giving it a coat of gloss varnish, thus obtaining a wet mud appearance... I hope.

Note that as Marders are self-propelled guns, the epaulettes have red piping, rather than the white braiding on the shoulders of the Grenadieren.
As promissed, I have also got back into my E.C.W. project, by doing some G.S. touch-ups before praying the last 1st & 2nd rank pikemen and 8 musketeers with a great can of brown Humbrol undercoat I picked up over Christmas.

Joe the Barbarain, humbly begging your pardon for my tardiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment